Thursday, December 20, 2012

New Year and New Me

I was in a MAJOR funk all week.  I was an emotional disaster.  But, I'm back to being me today.  Yay for that!  I did not exercise as much as I should have.  But, I didn't allow myself to dive into foods either.  I haven't really been finding that I get hungry.  I think it helps that when I start to get that, "I'm going to want a snack soon" feeling, I eat one of my Welch's Fruit Snacks.  That way, I NEVER get to the pig out/benge mode.
My sleeping habits have improved somewhat.  I am usually sleeping before midnight now.  I get up at 3:30 and fall back asleep about 4:15, and then am up again for 6:30.  Much better that when I was falling asleep around 1-2, getting up at 3:30, going back to sleep around 5, and up again at 6:30.
I have been drinking much more water than usual.  I used to only be able to stomach ice cold water if I had just done something like yard work.  Now, I can drink a bottle that has been sitting on my desk all day.  This is a HUGE improvement.  I NEVER used to drink water.  I HATED it.
I have thought about goals for 2013.  I posted them on the Goals page.  I'm sure after I read everyone else's I'll want to steal their ideas and add some more.  I was afraid at first of how many I listed, but, most of them are simple.  There is no reason I cant complete my list.  Right?  We'll see.
I plan on staring the Couch 2 5K.  I am thinking of starting it on Monday.  It looks like it's a three days a week program, every other day, kind of thing.  I like the idea of doing it Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Am I incorrect in my assumption?

2 comments:

  1. YES 3 days a week. MWF is a great plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i personally love C25K and i look forward to finishing it and moving on to C210K!!!! at first i didn't like it mainly because i'm lazy and didn't want to do it but with my recent breakthrough, I LOVE IT! lol.

    good going with the water. i too, am not a fan and have to force myself to drink it. ever since i gave up soft drinks it's pretty much the only daily liquid i drink. Once in a while i try a coke and YUCK! glad i don't drink that anymore!

    ReplyDelete