Wednesday, October 24, 2012


I’m life, Annie, I’m biting you in the a$$!

Good morning you Wednesday Warriors! The week is half way through, hang in there!

The day after last week’s post, I got off my lazy tush and RE-started the Couch 2 5K program. For those that don’t know what that is, it’s a 9 week program that prepares you for a 5K (3.1 miles). It basically starts you off with jogging in one minute increments and works its way up to jogging 3.1 miles continuously. I had previously started the program but with Hurricane Isaac, my wedding and honeymoon, I didn’t just fall off the wagon, I fell, busted my knee and stewed in my downfall for a while! BUT I’m back at it now!

While it sucks to have to start over, it’s a small victory of its own. It’s easy to be hard on yourself and throw in the towel after you’ve been on the bench for a few weeks. I believe it takes a WANT to change, to get up and go when it’s so much easier to hit snooze. I officially have that WANT!

Stats, Workouts and Goals OH MY!

Stats:
10/17 = 168.6
10/23 = 168.0
* It’s a small victory, but it’s still a victory!!!

Workouts:
10/18/12
Week 1 Day 1
2.01 Miles
14:19 min/mile

10/21/12
Bike ride with the Hubby
6.13 miles

10/22/12
Week 1 Day 2
1.5 miles
14:14 min/mile

Total Miles:
9.64

Goals:
            1. Continue working out at least 3 days a week
            2. Cut the darn grass! I didn’t cut it this past weekend but will this weekend.
            3. Going to the gym next week to restart membership
            4. Make better eating choices

All in all this week was ok. I got my 3 work outs in but didn’t cut the grass or go to the gym to restart the membership. I also didn’t make GREAT food choices but I wasn’t that bad BUT the scale definitely shows that I could have done better. I am the only one that can make myself get up and go. I want it. Now is my time.

2 comments:

  1. You said "I believe it takes a WANT to change, to get up and go when it’s so much easier to hit snooze. I officially have that WANT!" and outloud at my desk I said "HELL YEAH!!!!" So proud of you! This weekend will be perfect for you to cut your grass b/c it's gonna be a CHILLY weekend! Plus, with cooler weather you won't have to cut as often! Score!

    I'm proud of your victories, big or small! You are kicking butt and taking names and with your attitude, you're well on your way!

    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. <~~One Proud Friend! Great job on starting back up! You got up and went honey! Now, Keep on going! <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete