Welcome to Wednesday!
This Week’s Stats:
Arms: 14 inches
Thighs: 27 inches
Waist: 33.5 inches
Bust: 40 inches
Stomach: 43 inches
Hips: 45 inches
I will start off my Wednesday posts with my stats that are taken on Tuesday mornings and then proceed with my weekly rant. Enjoy!
How weight has affected me as I have packed on the pounds.
1. Body Perception: When I was in high school, I didn’t think about weight. I didn’t think of myself or other people as fat or thin. I didn’t think about sizes in cloths or what I should or shouldn’t eat. I guess that since I didn’t have a weight problem, no one mentioned about keeping thin or how food can affect you in the long run. Once out of high school I packed on the pound and have struggled through 2 beautiful babies to get it off. This is my biggest struggle so far in weight loss. When I’m told that I look great and then I see pictures, all I can do is cry. I hate the way I look.
2. Sleep: I LOVE to sleep but since I have gained weight I don’t get quality sleep and I have started snoring. Yes, snoring… loudly. Enough that it keeps my husband awake.
3. Stretch marks: While yes, my kido’s have played a part in the stretch marks, I only gained 7 and 11 lbs for the respectively so I have NO reason other than over eating and being lazy to have stretch marks on my thighs, arms and breasts. It’s a lovely sight.
Every time I have started a weight loss journey, I set unrealistic goals for myself that just set me up for failure. Example: I’m going to work out 5 days a week and eat 10 servings of veggies a week! That is simply unrealistic in my life. I have two kids that go to school 20 minutes from my house so just to get them to school and make it to work on time, I have to leave at 7. That means running at 5 am, to get home, shower, get kids up, feed them, get ready and be out the house for 7… that’s a lot to do and I am most certainly a morning person so why would I commit to getting up 5 days a week at 5 am! It’s just an unrealistic goal that I gave up on. SO, I am setting new small goals with a big goal in mine.
1. Work out at least 3 days a week
2. Cut the grass at least twice a month (which will also save me $80!)
3. Go to the gym to do strength training at least once a week
1. Goal Weight: 120 lbs (I’m only 5’2’’)
a. Goal Weigh Date: May 1st
2. Surgery: (a highly debated topic amongst friends) To rid my body of the extra skin I have accumulated on my biceps, abdomen and thighs. I know that once the weight comes off, those stretch marks will look even nicer! **oozing with sarcasm**
How do you set your goals? What do you base them on? How has gaining or losing weigh affected your mind?
I hope all of you readers, 6 I think now, have a Happy Hump Day!