Thursday, May 23, 2013

Copy Cat




So, I wanted to be like Nicole and post a day late! Kidding. I swore I would sit at my computer when I got home last night and blog, but that didn’t happen. I was in recovery from attack of the termites.

 

Time
Have you ever thought about how much time it takes to be healthy? Think about the time you spend at the gym, prepping food, logging calories and workouts, blogging, posting on Facebook, and eating for goodness sake (for those 5 meal a day-ers).  While I’m not saying that it’s a bad thing, I’m just saying that this is a true testament of how being healthy is a life style.

 If you aren’t willing to sacrifice time to be healthy, you might as well go to Wendy’s and have that cheese burger. You will save time prepping, cooking, and having another meal in 3 hours. I mean really, think about it. We say that bodies are made in the gym and kitchen but it’s also made on a watch. If you can’t sacrifice 30 minutes a day to get walk/documenting/meal prep in, what’s the point? It’s like, full monty or sit on the sofa.

I know that I am QUEEN of the slackers. I don’t LIKE to work out. I do slightly enjoy jogging but I’m not consistent. If there’s an excuse, I will find it. Do I want it? Yes. Was I willing to do it? Yes. But have I been making the time? Clearly, no.

This has GOT to stop. When I look in the mirror, I don’t like what I see. I hate what I see. Shannon made a good point that we are not just numbers and while that’s true, we are what we choose to be. It’s time for me to CHOOSE to be healthy. It’s time for me to CHOOSE to work out.  It’s time for me to CHOOSE to change.

I CHOOSE TO BE HEALTHY!

3 comments:

  1. It IS exhausting but once you get the hang of it, it really does become a lifestyle change.

    It takes meal planning, creating a shopping list, going shopping, and then the all important sorting, chopping, separating, cooking, etc. Sundays are the big day for this for me. Throughout the work week I start jotting down ideas of what I want to have the following week. On Sunday I finalize my menu, make a list of what I need, and I head to the store. If you know that you want celery and peanut butter as a snack (for instance). If the celery sticks aren't clean, cut, and already portioned out so I can grab and go, I'm less likely to grab them as I head out the door. If you're like me and you love peanut butter, you know that portion control is key. So portioning that out into tiny tupperware cups is a big deal. I don't use the kitchen at my office so prep work, cleaning, cutting, etc., has to be done from home or it won't get done! I use the refrigerator at my office but my stuff has to be in a lunch bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i DEF need to start doing some sort of prep. i want to be able to grab stuff on the go because i'm lovin the snacking!

      Delete
  2. I get it. I feel you. I am 100% right there on the same corner w you! & The good news is we have done it before, its not our first trip around this block. We can and will do it again! :)

    Its one thing to bust ass for a year + and get the "bulk" of the weigh off your that your have been carrying around (talking about myself, not u obviously lol) But its another to KEEP that weight off & keep loosing & stay living that lifestyle forever!

    I was all gung-ho for nearly 2 yrs. (Im speaking diet-wise) Nothing tempted me. I was great at limiting myself, and limiting the "cheats". It was easy to say NO, to the thing that I one indulged on. But as soon as I got comfy w that 80-90 lbs loss..and got comfy w that number on the scale no longer reading 200+, or 180+, etc...I felt better and better about where I was and how I looked and although it all seems in control I find myself slipping back into old habits. Cheat meals bc cheat weekends...weekends extend starting on Thurs and ending on Mondays...I clearly am not in control and I too realize it has to change or I will be right bk in the 200s!
    And I AIN'T GOT NO TIME FOR ALL THAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete