Friday, May 17, 2013

Juicing on a budget

So an awesome friend of mine told me about a movie called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". My husband and I sat down together last night and watched it. It's an informative documentary, after watching it I was ready to watch it all over again. If you haven't seen it please check it out! It's well worth an hour and a half of your life!

I would love to be able to start adding juicing to my diet right away but I have to put it in my budget...or should I say I have to try to figure out how to juice on a budget. So here's my goal:
Next Saturday (5/24) we are going to the Camellia City Farmer's Market to stock up on the veggies! We are going to juice (hopefully enough to freeze for at least 10 days). I will also need to get some freezable mason jars in order to keep the juice from oxidizing. Then change our eating habits to very micro-nutrient! Micro-nutrient is a new word for me and thanks to this movie I've learned exactly what it means. While I do eat fruit and veggies, I don't eat nearly enough of them.

While watching the movie last night I realized that I am actually more excited about the way I'm going to start feeling once I start eating this way. Seeing the people change in the movie, more energy, clear skin. These are all things I'm excited about!

Anyone reading this that has experience with juicing or has any helpful suggestions please let me know!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!



6 comments:

  1. Im excited to hear more about it Amanda. I will definitely look up that movie. What kind of juicer did you buy? Where did you get it? And How much $ was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I originally ordered the Breville juicer from QVC for $99.99 then I saw Sam's had a juicer that got really good reviews for $49.99. I canceled my QVC order and I'm going to Sam's next weekend to pickup that juicer. I can't start this week anyway, so no need to run out to get it now.

      You will LOVE that movie!!
      -Amanda

      Delete
  2. TOld you it was an awesome documentary! It made me want to run out and start juicing everything too! Whether you juice your fruit and veggies or just plain eat them, the whole point is that mother nature provides the proper nutrition (and cures) for problems that we have. The things we eat, the medicines we take, the atmospheres we surround ourselves with...all of these play a major role in your overall health.

    I can't wait to hear all about your juicing adventures!

    Angie gave me a juicer for Christmas that I have yet to use, but I'll be throwing that bad boy on my counter this weekend! I bought a ton of fruits for a fruit salad that Adam is bringing to CrossFit tomorrow and the plan is to reserve some of the fruit for myself!

    Look up recipes online!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome!! I agree with juicing along with eating veggies. I won't be able to do the 10 day reboot because it would crush my budget I'm just going to eat a lot more veggies and add a few juices a day!

      I found awesome recipes on Joe Cross' website. The mean green is the first one I'm attempting!! I was reading a few of the reviews and many people noted that his recipes make 32 ounce drinks not 16 which is AWESOME!!
      -Amanda

      Delete
  3. ok. my favorites are grapes, one green apple and one red apple; strawberry's, one green apple and one red apple; and one tomato, one stick of celery, one lemon and one carrot! SOOOOO YUMMY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome!!! I'm trying it next weekend!! Which juicer do you have??

      Delete