Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Disappointed but not discouraged

So my weight went up a smidge but I’m not discouraged. I know that muscle weighs more than fat (not by much!) and I know I’m stronger than I was before therefore….. I know I have more muscle!
Weigh-in’s:
10/17/12 – 168.6 lbs – Starting weight
12/19/12 – 172.0 lbs – Highest weight
01/23/13 –168.4 lbs – Last Week’s weight

01/30/13 –169.0 lbs - Current Weight

My January 31st goal weight is 166.2. While I don’t think I’m going to lose 2.8 lbs in a day, I’m disappointed but not discouraged. =)
Workouts:
(1/23) 80 Squats – I was feeling the burn and was sore for DAYS!       
(1/28) C25K – Week 7 Day 3
            2.25 Miles – 14:43/mile
(1/29) Insanity – Cardio Power and Resistance

While this week’s workouts were less than stellar, I did get 3 workouts in. I have no excuse for not working out more so I’m not going to go there! I was being lazy!!!

As for Insanity, what a workout! Talk about sweat some bullets! Wowza! I’m looking forward to being able to keep up with the people on the video. I know it’s a video, I know some of it is hype, but these people are sweating their a-double-s’s off! It’s a TON of jumping and I wish I could do it outside, but I like it!

As for the jog, I do like that pace! This was the first time in MONTHS that I didn’t jog on a treadmill and I must say that it’s MUCH harder. There no moving belt to keep you going, just you and your will to go. During the walk/jog I was getting down on myself but after seeing my miles and pace, I got over it! =)

While I was logging that jog, the app showed me the 5k to 10k app to keep going so I downloaded it for when I finish C25K. I made a spreadsheet so that I can log both the C25k and 5k to 10 jogs. This is what I have so far.

As for the squat challenge, I gave up on it because I missed so many days that there was no way for me to keep up. SO, since I gave up on the squat challenge I am doing a leg challenge in February that one of the ladies that I follow on Facebook posted. I’m not registering for her contest or whatnot, but I’m doing the challenge. This is the schedule.

I will update my goals (in general) on February 1st and then again when I reach 166.2! I will get there!

49.0 lbs to goal!




2 comments:

  1. You have the right attitude my friend and that makes me PROUD! We won't meet every goal we set, that's a fact, but we can die trying! You know I <3 the Boobies..and Lawd knows I need that reminder bc I never consider that when I see a gain or even staying the same! I can't wait to join you on the Leg Challenge! Many X's and O's.
    **GET IT RIGHT...GET IT TIGHT!!**

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one think you are doing a fabulous job! I know how hard running is compared to running on a treadmill. It's mind over matter and you are kicking a and taking names on that! I'm proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete