Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Be Stronger Than Your Excuses

But it’s just one cookie! That turns into 5.
But it’s just one day! That turns into a week.
But it’s just one piece of pizza! That turns into half a pizza.

No more. No more excuses. I know how to do this, I have the want, I have the motivation, and so what the hell is my problem?!?! One of my problems is that for once in my life I have a person that stands beside me that loves me big or small and that in its self is a blessing and a curse. That alone can make one comfortable enough to sit back and have that extra bag of popcorn or a coke, whatever.

I know what I want and I know that I don’t have to eat salad every day to get it. I don’t need to kill myself working out every day to get the job done. I do however, need to recommit. I need to accomplish my goals.

I never in a million years would have thought that this is what my life would have become (meaning physically only). I wish that I knew then what I know now. But I didn’t and I need to get over that.

Anyhow! On a lighter note (no pun intended) the hubs and I started juicing with our new #MagicBulletJuicer and it’s just a little piece of wonderful. So far the recipe’s that we have tried are:

1 red apple
1 green apple
½ cup of grapes
(Husband’s favorite so far)

1 red apple
1 green apple
½ cup of strawberries
(My personal favorite so far)

1 carrot
1 large tomato
1 celery stalk
1 small lemon
1 hand full of spinach
(Organic V8!)

So, so far so good. They make for a good breakfast or dinner (when you don’t want something heavy) and keeps you surprisingly full. UNLESS you freaking spill it in the car, then it sucks pretty bad. I’m sure my car will smell FRESH this afternoon. I guess I need to get a cup with a lid and straw because driving while sitting on a towel that’s covered with a plastic table cloth is slightly GHETTO!!!

In the Workout World things haven’t been so bright and shiny for a second week in a row although my contract with Snap Fitness started up again on the first.

11/5
1.71 miles
Leg machines
Abs machine

Total Miles: 1.71! *that’s less than Nicole’s so I guess I get the slacker award!

I don’t want the slacker award anymore! Back to snap tonight! I have my mind made up that I’m going to do this and regardless of today’s veggie debacle I WILL have a good day! Week! YEAR!!! And I hope you do too!

4 comments:

  1. You & ur debacle crack me up! I am jealous I want to jump on the juice band wagon! Keep sharing good recipes!! & You did not steal my slacker award bc you did machines my friend and I didn't do jack. So we will share that award for the LAST week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juicing recipes sound good. I need Adam to jump on the juicing band wagon and get me a juicer for Christmas. LOL.

    Damn the man! I'm craving a salad so bad, I was gonna ask you to go to the Pie with me! Guess since your veggie drama this morning that's a no-go. Another day! I need to recreate that damn ceasar dressing...if only I knew how! UGH!

    Get on it girl! You got this!

    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ nicole, i will gladly share the award!not this week though! we are throwing that award out the dang window!

    @ shannon, my pumpkin cheeks! i know he really wants a juicer... i think YOU should get HIM one for christmas!!! the only pie i will be having would be to go! got in after 9. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your smoothies sound AWESOME!!

    Being a newlywed and losing weight is tough!! Most newlyweds GAIN weight so you're doing great!!

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete