Monday, November 12, 2012

You Are NOT Dancing in the Park!

Today is Veteran's Day and as a state employee, that means I got the day off.  You would think my day would be laid back and relaxing... not so much.  I woke up early to bring my nephew to school, I cleaned up around the house, did some laundry, made breakfast, edited some transcripts, made lunch, went to the gym, went to the grocery store, and came home to cook dinner. 

Let's get right to it...

Activity Since Last Week's Post:

Monday
2.51 miles on elliptical
30 minutes in pool

Tuesday
3.106 miles rowing
(32:36.1)*  Track for future comparison
1 mile on elliptical

Wednesday
3 miles on elliptical
1 mile rowing
30 minutes in pool

Thursday
1 mile walk @ lunch
3.106 miles rowing
1 mile on elliptical

Friday
Relaxed!

Saturday
6 mile bike ride
2 miles - Glow Run

Sunday
Hangover

THAT'S A GRAND TOTAL OF  18.61 EXERCISE MILES FOR THE WEEK!  This total does not include the two 30 minute pool sessions where I have no clue how far I actually swim.  I literally swim back and forth in the lap lane for 30 minutes straight. 

Routine is the name of the game.  I need about an hour and a half at the gym to accomplish everything I want.  I need to be home by 7:30 in the morning at the latest.  So if I wake up at 5, get dressed, get out the house, and get to the gym, that puts me at the gym for 5:30.  That's the problem...waking up at 5!  I'm a morning person, but it's 5, and it's chilly, and my bed is warm.  It's time to embrace a routine and stick with it.  I know I can...I just need to do it. 

Goals For This Week:

1.  Make goals and stick to them! (LOL)  It's kinda sad that my #1 goal for the week is to stick to my goals for the week!
2.  Get into my routine!  5 a.m., every morning, Monday-Friday! 
3.  Exercise 3 nights this week, with either walking, walk/run intervals, or bike riding.  Chilly weather is coming, so I think the bike will have to get put up for the Winter, unless of course it warms up again.   
4.  Walk around the Superdome at least 3 days this week, 4 laps each time. 
 
WEDNESDAY IS MY OFFICIAL 1 MONTH WEIGH IN WITH COURTNEY!!!  COURTNEY IS COMING OVER AT 7 A.M. ON WEDNESDAY SO WE CAN DO OUR MEASUREMENTS AND OFFICIAL WEIGH IN!
 
I did the Glow Run 5k, but I ditched out on the last mile because I was...intoxicated.  I'm sure my friends have better stories/pictures than I could provide, but this is one that I did while immitating the movie The Bridesmaids where Annie and Lillian go to the park for a "workout" where they hide beind a tree and take part in a boot camp type workout without paying. The trainer sees them and begins to yell at them for doing the class without paying.  The girls start acting like they are dancing in the park and the trainer says "Dancing?  You are not dancing!  You are not dancing in the park!"  Love that part...so here's my immitation of it...
 
 
Thanksgiving is only a little over a a week away!  My favorite holiday!! 
 
Have a good week and keep chugging along! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment