Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful

Guess who is officially on Thanksgiving break?  THIS GIRL!  Last Friday was my last day of work until NEXT Monday!  That's a total of 9 days off work!  I am looking forward to Thanksgiving because it is, after all, my favorite holiday!  More on that in a minute. 

I had an active week and I'm proud of it.  I did my measurements and I'm happy with the results.  I am officially down 15 pounds and quite a few inches, but I'll post about all that next week.  I came down with the funk Saturday, starting with a burning throat, stuffy nose, sinus pressure, and chills.  I was concerned that this was the start of something that would require antibiotics so I headed to the Walgreen's Take Care Clinic early Sunday morning and was prescribed a nasal spray, a steroid pill, and told to take over-the-counter cough medicine at night.  Hope this funk passes before Thursday! 

So here it is...

Activity Since Last Week's Post:

Monday
3.1 miles rowing
2 miles on elliptical
30 minutes in pool

Tuesday
3.1 miles rowing
1.5 miles on elliptical
30 minutes in pool

Wednesday
2.89 mile walk @ work
3.1 miles rowing
30 minutes in pool

Thursday
NOTHING - Drama with the real estate agent.  BUT, I did clean the crap out of my house, and do yard work, so that's gotta count for something right?

Friday
3.1 miles rowing
2 miles on elliptical
30 minutes in pool

Saturday
6.89 mile bike ride
2 hours of skating @ Skate Country!
Saturday night:  Walked through the French Quarter and danced my butt off


Sunday
Nothing.  Sick.

THAT'S A GRAND TOTAL OF 27.69 EXERCISE MILES FOR THE WEEK! This total does NOT include 2 total hours of swimming for the week, skating on Saturday, and walking/dancing Saturday night.

My nephew is off of school for Thanksgiving break and I took time off which means I'll have him to occupy.  I have lots planned for he and I while we're both on break.  There won't be a whole lot of sitting around and doing nothing!

Cooking is something I enjoy and I love when everyone shows up and talks about how much food I've cooked, and how great everything smells.  I also like when everyone leaves stuffed because that means they really liked it.  But this year I don't feel the same enjoyment about the food.  I can't cook all healthy dishes just because I'm cutting back on the things that aren't good for me!  I need to cook my family favorites that everyone enjoys but learn some self control on my end!  I don't need a big scoop of every single thing I eat.  In fact, I know what mac-n-cheese tastes like and can have it whenever I want.  Which brings me to my accountability idea....

2012 THANKSGIVING CHALLENGE!!!!!!

In order to keep yourself accountable, before you eat ANYTHING on Thanksgiving Day, pledge to take a picture, using your camera phone, of whatever you eat.  Then share that picture here on this blog!  Breakfast?  Take a picture.  Snack?  I wanna see it!  Lunch?  Show me what you had.  Dinner?  Fill me in!  Key is, be mindful of what you're eating.  If you're stopping to take a pic of everything you are consuming on the official day of over-consuming, you are more likely to stay in control!  I'm up for the challenge and will post pics next Monday.  Will you? 

WHY YOU ASK???????  First off, it's best to put something on a plate.  It helps you to visually see what you're about to consume.  Don't stand over the brownie tray and graze.  Don't sit over the cheese and cracker plate and go nuts.  By the time you're finished, you will have no idea just how much you ate! Second, if you are sitting down with a plate and you go to take a picture, if you think "I can't show them this!" then maybe it's a sign that what you've got on your plate is more than you should be consuming! 

Remember on Thanksgiving Day... make good choices, portion control, and exercise!

I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday and I look forward to seeing pictures of your plates!

2 comments:

  1. i'm in!!!! can't wait to see the results! have a great VACAY! i'm sure i'll be seeing you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea!! But Im pretty sure I will just wanna eat bad again every time I review what I know I will eat! Hope you have a happy Tday! :D

    ReplyDelete